Disabled World has kept a list of "famous people navigating Cerebral Palsy" since 2008. Of the 24 listed, 22 are alive now. That means since the beginning of time, the number of people recorded who have successfully navigated cerebral palsy is smaller than the number of people on a high school football team. A full-length documentary needs to be made to firmly establish role models for this disability - injecting hope and inspiration.
The following unifying questions need to be asked:
* Who were your role models?
* Why do you think you've been successful?
* What barriers did you face?
* What advice do you have to young children navigating cerebral palsy?
* What was your greatest accomplishment?
* How would you like to be remembered?
* What were the key milestones in your journey vis-à-vis cerebral palsy?
Numerous audiences would benefit from this compilation of success stories. However, it is my aim to get this video in the hands of those giving the cerebral palsy diagnosis -- the doctors. If doctors could give this documentary to parents at the point of diagnosis, the maximum benefit will be realized.